Monday, February 12, 2007

Why Ask Why?

I'm so in love with my new mattress set I wanted to put a picture of it on my blog. My friend protested, saying it would be too suggestive. Well, I wasn't going to post a picture of the bed with us in it! I think he's just jealous because he's secretly in love with my new bed too.

I've forgotten how to skate. Apparently, skating is not like riding a bicycle. You do forget. It's been what? Twenty-seven years? So I want to give it a go again but for some reason, I'm not particularly keen on looking like a spread-out-octopus-on-ice (enjoy the image). I don't know why, for I'm usually not overly concerned with saving face. I've no qualms skiing for instance, and I ski badly. But for some reason, I've decided I wanted to find my skate-legs back on my own. It's not easy finding empty rinks. I'm probably going to develop a reputation as a pervert for haunting deserted rinks late at night.

Last week I was confronted to someone who reads my blog faithfully yet displays no interest whatsoever in its author as a person. I thought it was a paradox and like paradoxes typically do, it had me puzzled. Then lightening struck and, peering into the eyes of a miniature black purring cat, I suddenly wondered: "Why ask why?"

I believe this is going to become my mantra, my motto, my resolution for 2007. I'm going to develop a philosophy of taking things exactly as they are, and saving the time and energy to wonder why they are like that. Stop wondering why people behave the way they do. Stop wondering why people do the things they do. Stop wondering why people say or don’t say the things they say or don't say. Stop wondering why things happen that way and no other. Stop wondering why I'm so successful at this and such a disaster at that. Stop wondering why.

Why ask why? My Wondering Neurone has been in overdrive for too long. Can you shut it down Bridge? Can you accept things as they are? Can you let go without dissecting? Can you just let it be? You like personal challenges, girlfriend, here’s a good one for you.

(No worries, I often talk to myself…my psychiatrist says it’s normal. All the people in my head say so too.)

1 comment: