Thursday, February 08, 2007

All Things Great and Small

Loukhi is growing and thriving. Unfortunately, due no doubt to an early childhood trauma, she can't stand to be picked up. She squirms and claws her way out until you all but drop her. Otherwise, she's friendly and cuddly as can be, and her tiny diesel is a regular vibration against me as I fall asleep.

SYWRD came for a visit. I think I'll never get a chance to get to know him better and I, the girl who doesn't Believe in regrets, will always deeply regret that. My email remained un-acknowledged but that part belongs to him. I will neither argue, insist, nor speculate... but I'll always regret it profondément.

Something wonderful happened to the Terror, a.k.a. the Papou, a.k.a. my son. I had long ago applied to the Big Brothers of Canada program to find him a big brother. The waiting was so long (years) I had all but given up. But suddenly it came through and he's been teamed up with a Big Brother. We met Him for the first time last Monday night and the two seem to hit it off pretty well. Yannick was so keen, and delighted, and eager, and thrilled, and shy, it was pretty heart-wrenching. I hope it will work out for them, I'll do everything in MY power to make it so but I won't be involved much, it's their show.

I've pretty much stopped talking about TLM, first because there isn't that much to tell but also because I realized this was one area I feel private about. Sorry for interrupting the soap, my Southern Chinese readers. Hey, you never know when he might pop back up. Keep the faith.

Finally, I seem to come out of my physical plateau-ing. Improvement is on it's way again. Last night, we were doing abs and while some other girls were groaning in pain and I realized that I myself could have actually gone on for quite a while. What a good feeling! Bring them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment