Sunday, October 08, 2006

Thanksgiving

Congratulations to SYWRD for finishing the Royal Victoria Marathon once again, within 2 minutes of his time last year!
The man has recently been given professional responsibilities the scope of which, if they were on my shoulders, would immediately earn me a straight jacket. So not only does he have strong shoulders, but his legs and cardio-respiratory system seem in pretty good shape also. Good show SYWRD! I hope you'll have steak and beer tonight!

Here in B***, the weather is astonishing. A gorgeous sun shines through the foliage, with a romantic fog in the early morning. I really ought to take pictures. If Vince were here, he'd have a field day.

To be perfectly honest, I am rather moping. I am not proud of moping on such a beautiful weekend. It's TLM's fault. Short of spending time with him, absolutely NOTHING is tempting me. How pathetic am I? Abjectly if you ask me.

The Papou and I nevertheless went on a wild pumpkin hunt. It was a treacherous and dangerous expedition.



Risking our lives, we slaughtered two, then we carved them. Such is the harsh law of Nature.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Great shot du papou! I love the vertical framing. We don't use that often enough. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Coming from you, I'm very flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Yeah great shot. Which of the two is the papou?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Sit down, Phil, before you hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:12 AM

    You and Vince always refer to your son as 'Le Papou'...Can we know where this cute nickname comes from or is it a family secret??
    Yeah...If ever I'm too intrusive, just tell me to get the hell out of here!
    :-)
    Nice pictures by the way...

    ReplyDelete