Monday, October 30, 2006

Lost and found

I had once again misplaced my sense of humor. Funny how chronic that is with me. I searched high and low for it until I eventually discovered it had been left in the back pocket of a pair of Levis'. Of course, the jeans went through the wash and with them, my sense of humor. When I pulled it out, it was a sorry looking thing: all crumpled and hanging at odd angles. I tried ironing it. I couldn't find the right heat so it now has two burn marks on the back side. Then I clipped it on my gold chain, along with my yin and yang pendant.

I'm thinking of having a beeping system installed on it for the next time I loose it. I mean, I find it in the most ludicrous places sometimes. Once, Fatso had swallowed it and I pulled it out by the last thread. Another time, it fell in the pan while I was cooking and it stank of fish for a week. People have sat on it which never improves its looks. It has a lifetime warranty but I have to work pretty hard to keep it from going sour and turning sarcastic.
Still, I've had it for so many years now, I'm sort of fond of it. Good thing I thought of looking in my jeans.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:43 AM

    Good thing indeed...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hey... at least it's clean now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 AM

    I loose mine regularly too. It must be a human thing. As long as we put our hands on it again at some point...

    ReplyDelete