Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The sun always shines on TV

This morning, the sun rose behind the mountain turning the sky orange and I had a flashback to one morning in Eilat, Israel, where the sun rising behind the Jordanian range had turned the whole sky blood red. I still have those slides somewhere. Beautiful stuff.

The World Vision Christmas Catalogue reminds us that "Pigs make plump and perfect presents". I had never thought of that. I suppose saying "Plump pigs can be turned into delicious bacon" would be hurting the sensibilities of the benefactors, but I think that's the general idea.

When you're put on the spot, and questioned, and watched, and doubted, it can prove to be pretty destabilizing. The support I get from my friends these days is incredibly precious. They have my back, they support me, they're on my side and I am SO grateful for that.


Please don't send me a "plump and perfect present" for Christmas. They're hell to package adequately and they’re very noisy under the Christmas tree.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:36 PM

    And smelly... But at least it's easy to pig' which present to open first... Sorry, I have a lit of a cold... ;-)

    ReplyDelete