Monday, December 18, 2006

Upcoming

The conference I was helping organize has been postponed 'till May if all goes well, 'till hell freezes over if it doesn't. For personal reasons, I very much regret this delay. January really suited me better. May is a long way off and many things could change in the meantime. But you just can't argue with executive decisions and I strongly believe that what is meant to be, will be.

The next two weeks will most likely be characterized by too much sugar and alcohol and not enough exercise. Mind you, I would much rather have planned a two-classes-a-day Christmas week but no, apparently instructors celebrate Christmas as well and classes are cancelled. So if I want to work out, it will be on my own, always a bit harder, especially when blood is becoming a visible minority in my circulation stream. Then again, a week of strength training would be excellent for me so all is not bleak.

There is the extended family party…sigh…I love my family dearly, I really do. But most haven't seen me in a year. I can hear it already: "You lost some weight!" I must be the only female on the planet who doesn't like to be told she lost some weight. I just don't like any mention of my weight, up or down. And my beloved family is always expecting me to have something new to tell and exciting stories about my work. I don't like to talk about my work. Bah, I'm only whining. The truth is, they love me very much and they are very curious about me, always half-expecting to see me produce a rabbit out of a hat… All I ever produced were dolphins so I'm not sure where that expectation comes from.

I don’t expect much in terms of social life, which usually results in increased blogging. We’ll see. Now back to my little black flea bag and the two large haughty ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment