Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Girls

This morning, like a moment frozen in time, I witnessed a little girl dancing with her father. She's five, and tiny. Even standing on top of a step, she was way too small. She was looking up at him. She had a huge shy smile on because she was aware of other people watching her. She was looking up at him with a mixture of worship, absolute and complete trust, and such love...This little girl was unknowingly saying: "I love you, you're my hero" with her eyes. And I know that no one will ever look at this man with such faith and love as this little girl did, on December 9th 2006. I wish I could have captured it with my camera. I wish it wouldn’t wring my heart the way it does. But at the same time, I’ll never forget that moment.

I played with the girls this morning. My three beloved little ones. Being with them does the same thing to me as petting a purring cat. It fills my heart. It fluffs my heart. It makes it overflow. You don’t know who they are. They are my three beloved little girls. They don’t belong to me but I love them as if they did. I can’t explain it so I simply accept it. Why ask questions?

I am... not very well this weekend. Not very well.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Bon, pour te remonter le moral, voici ma réponse: On a les droits! (C'est en chemin... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ça marche. Je pense à ce bout-là et je rigole toute seule comme une imbécile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big feel better hug for you, B.
    Bisous.
    -C.

    ReplyDelete