Saturday, December 23, 2006

I Don't Get Me

All systems are go. Every last present has been wrapped. Most wishes have been sent. Christmas? Bring it on!

Now I'm going to lay down on this couch and address myself to all you counselors out there.
I love parties. I adore my family. Could someone explain to me why I have this overwhelming reluctance to join parties and family gatherings? At first, I’m all thrilled and enthusiastic. When it becomes imminent, suddenly, I don’t want to go anymore. “Something” happens in my head and I turn into an anti-social, elusive and rude being, breaking all the rules of love, friendship and politeness. There’s suddenly a little rebel that takes over inside and digs its heels and says: “I shall not go.” I don’t know how to fight it because I don’t understand it. And I don’t think it’s healthy for me to shy away from social gatherings! The strange thing is parties or gatherings where it’s mostly strangers (like in my boyfriends’ family or friends) don’t bother me! I do NOT get it.

So, of course, the Christmas extended family diner is already being warmly debated in my head. The lure of a peaceful evening ALONE, something I never get, is already very strong.

If anybody has any insight, please send me your bill. Well, send me your insight first, your bill second.

Eggnog and Bailey’s for everybody (or whatever floats your boat)!

I'll end with one of my favorite joke:

What should a wife do when her husband is running in zig-zag in the garden?

(answer tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Vas-y! You can be alone on another night. La familia, c'est important... (hehe, how easy to this from here...)

    ReplyDelete