Sunday, December 03, 2006

First snow

"Tis the season...and I'll tell you...a man in a big turtleneck...makes my knees weak. I cannot resist a man in a thick turtleneck pullover. It's the very essence of sexy.

What's playing: Agnus Dei de Samuel Barber. Heavenly.

Brigitte to Christmas decorations: “Check mate!”  Who needs men?


First snow here. Now as pretty as Vancouver, but everything is always better in Vancouver if you believe my brother.



Tomorrow, I'll reach another birthday. I DON'T feel like that. I feel about 34. From zero to ten, it felt like twenty years. From ten to twenty, it felt like fifteen. From twenty to thirty, it felt like ten years. From thirty to forty, it felt like about six years. At that rate, I should turn fifty in about five years! Rather scary how time accelerates.

It was for my twelveth birthday, I think, that my mother organized a surprise party. It was my first and my last but I've been dreaming of having another ever since. I should have organized one for my fourth decade.
Organize a surprise party for myself. There's a concept.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:47 AM

    Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    And, yeah, you should organize a party!! Even though it won't be a surprise, it will still be a PARTY..
    On est jamais aussi bien servi que par soi-même (I'm not so sure, but... ) :-))
    I kinda like your:'Everything is always better in Vancouver if you believe my brother'.
    I think we should make him a shirt saying 'Vancouverites do it better' (Dunno if you remember Madonna wearing a shirt that said: 'Italians do it better'..It was ages ago. The comparison between Madonna and Vince stops here, I promise!! lol).

    ReplyDelete