Sunday, December 17, 2006

Coffee in Hand

How bleak can it get? Nine in the morning and everything is so dark that we need electric light.
Loukhi slept with me and we both slept well. She has demonstrated a vigorous if tenuous purring capacity. Grumpy keeps on hugging the walls, silly goose. I drew Loukhi to play right on top of Fatso's extra-wide belly and he tolerated it with clearly mixed feelings.
The little miss also managed to plunge right off the top of the stairs to the basement below but she appeared unharmed. She's at the clueless stage.zzzzzxxxoosz
This was her on the keyboard.sdgggggggggg777

I skipped a party Friday night and dreamed, this morning, about everybody hating me and turning against me because of it. Obviously my conscience was bothering me.
Plans for a Saturday night diner with a friend fell through for the Xth time. I think where there's a will, there's a way, so obviously his will is lacking and I'm giving up.
Truth be told, I miss TLM and I curse myself for it. I wish my brother were around and we'd sit down and play games...
Yannick is still walking around like he died and went to Heaven, a smile plastered on his face from ear to ear, bursting with wonder and delight and following the little creature like a shadow.
I'm re-reading His Dark Material yet again (for lack of new good books) but I'm at the third and least interesting volume. Still, it will last me through the day.
On I go then, for a dark Sunday, sheltered in a welcoming house, with no obligations and no chores, a day MADE to read with purring cats around me, or pehaps nap with purring cats around me, or maybe later assemble a jigsaw puzzle with annoying cats around me. Can you see a trend here?

Where IS everybody by the way? This blog is so quiet. Y'all Christmas shopping?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, B!
    Ooooh Loukhi is SO adorable. Cuteness.
    I'm still recovering from saturday night - went to my man's office party. Whoa. My tongue hurts from all the alcohol. Eech. Open bar is a dangerous thing. Especially when you're having a super good time.
    Your xmas setup looks gorgeous!
    Bises,

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh and by the way, His Dark Materials is one of the best things I've read. Don't you want to be Lyra? It made me reread Tolkien. Pullman rocks. If you can, try to get your hands on Eragon and Eldest, the first 2 books in the Inheritance trilogy, by Christopher Paolini. I think reading the book before seeing the movie is a good plan.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally a suggestion! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete