Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wednesday

Yaaaaawn. I'm not getting enough sleep yet on average, I'm getting about twice as much as the other members of the committee (meaning I'm skipping on a LOT of partying). I just don't deal well with sleep deprivation, that's when I start seeing pink elephants (even when they're a normal green).

At 13:00 today, 260 people are invading the hotel. The countdown has begun and I doubt if I'll have time again to blog before the end of the conference, Friday night, at which point I've no doubt I'll be a very sorry sight.

I observe myself as I observe others and I see that I'm always holding back a little, never quite joining the group, always keeping a little private space, a little independance. I'm missing some very interesting social interaction and conversations. I try to compensate by being reliable, working extra hard and once in a while, giving the clown in me free reins. Last night, I tried on and paraded each and every one of the costumes that were brought, to the delight of the group, including the hotel's bathrobe and spare bedcover. I think I will be forgiven for what could seem to be stand-offishness.

Hop…à l'attaque…

'till later

No comments:

Post a Comment