Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wednesday night

Ouf! What a day! We really run on adrenaline, which means that when the times comes for the conferences whose speakers you hand-picked, you’re so wired, so hyper, and so exhausted that you’re simply incapable of sitting still or concentrating, so the conferences are wasted on you.

I know you’re all, like, holding your breath to know how the conference is going, like you care so much to find out… I know, I know. Huh uh.
Well, I’m too tired to try and make my blog interesting this week. It’s more of a diary where I record how it’s going. Hell, it’s 23:23…What do you expect?

I’ve not had time to train in two days, don’t plan on it until Saturday and I’m ingesting much more alcohol than usual. So what is next week called? Damage control.

For some reason, even though I’ve been on the organizing committee for the last 3 conferences/years, this is the first one where I simply seem to ENJOY myself.

For the first time, I’m not trying to accomplish anything other than be there, help make it a success. It might be my last year, because the internal politics always burn the volunteers quickly. Sadly. It could be my last year if I stay with my current boss. I don’t really care at this point. Organizing such an event is living in the moment. It is the first thing that takes my mind off of TLM and that’s nothing short of a welcome miracle.

Now if I can just…I’ll look into that when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Funny what we learn about internal politics...I had always kept away from it, until one day it hit me in the face and I got caught in the middle of some ugly fist fight between management and volunteers...I love not working right now. Sorry to rub it in.

    I hope you're well, B. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete