Thursday, November 09, 2006

After the storm

My cataclysmic anger of yesterday has finally faded after a two hour workout and a good night sleep. I didn't even tell you about it, I can't anyway.
This morning I had a tearful episode as I received confirmation that my co-worker is not expected to last past Christmas. It could come anytime.
Now I am ok, basically, but I have NO concentration. Zero. So be it.
Tonight I embark on a four day weekend. I'll see if I can break out of my sad mood. Without the help of several litres of wine :) Do I sound like an alcoholic yet? Anybody wants to join me?

Someone declared to me recently:
"There are four great pleasures in life: eating, making love, giving your all in intense physical exercise…and brushing your tongue against your teeth when you come out of the dentist's after a cleaning."
Whether I agree with the four or not, it is so nice to see someone who has firmly identified and established the four great pleasures in life (jouissance, en français). Nothing like having an opinion!

That's all for now folks.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Well, I'd have to add a fifth one, flying (which actually comes first) and a sixth, shifting to 5th gear at the wheel of a BMW on a German autobahn... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:28 AM

    I think we could add some more to that...Hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got red wine. While I can. We're not alcoholics, we're epicurians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Oh! Another great pleasure in life: getting something good in the mail! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Ok, so how about this: getting a BMW in the mail... ;-)

    ReplyDelete