Wednesday, November 15, 2006

If

No, this is not about Kipling.

All right, hear this: O.J. Simpson is about to tell how he would have committed the murders he was acquitted from, IF he had done it. Here's People's excerpt:

The two-part, "unrestricted" interview, to be conducted by book publisher Judith Regan and called O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened, will air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29, says FOX, the Associated Press reports.
On Nov. 30, Simpson's book, titled If I Did It, which Regan is publishing, goes on sale. Its text "hypothetically describes how the murders would have been committed," according to a press release.

I lived in the States at the time of his trial so I followed everything closely (I didn't have a choice, it was all that was broadcasted on the US's 87 TV channels for 9 months).

I won't even get into the guilt debate. I'm a white female so I'm part of the demographics who's convinced he's guilty as hell.

But what is this? I'm missing something here. Something huge. Let's see: the guy who was acquitted is now going to write a book about HOW he would have done it? Is that a veiled confession to unburden his conscience? Is it an attempt to just confuse cards no one is looking at anymore? Is it, more likely, a desperate longing to get back in the limelight at any cost? "If I did it, here's how it happened"?

I am amazed, speechless, stunned, bewildered. Just when you think the world cannot possibly become more absurd or ridiculous.

Well, I promise you this. Mr. Simpson might appear in my blog, but he'll never make a penny from me for being an abuser and a murderer. Nicole, rest in peace. I will not ever listen to him, tune to him, or read him. That's a promise.

***
On a more cheerful note: I did the usual two hour workout last night, including spinning with lots of intervals and resistance. About a liter of water was transfered by osmosis from my body to my clothes, but I followed the instructor throughout.

I was in bed before it struck me: I DID IT. The workout yesterday was good, intense and left me feeling energized…not wiped, dead, nauseated or chalky green. I had set my goal at the beginning of September to be able to survive spinning…Well I'm there! I can now handle my two hours just fine!

How amazing is that? Bridge, I'm so proud of you!  We all are, me myself and I.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, B!
    It's always a good thing to reach one's goals. I'm proud of you.
    Now...where's my goal list? ;o)

    Have a good week in smelly Three-Rivers ;o) Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Here's your first goal, Miss C: make a list of goals. It's a start, héhé.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Mind-boggling. I am speechless. There's apparently no limit to human stupidity and greed...

    ReplyDelete