Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday

One day in. Lovely drive with X&Y in the CD. Nice room with a direct view onto the water. Worked hard in the “office” also called “bunker” which will be our HQ for the week. Worked hard but with the dynamics and atmosphere that characterize the our team…meaning I plugged in my Ipod while we worked, we’re all here to contribute and make it happen, we’re all considered responsible adults, we all want to have fun while working.

As often, I was the odd man out when I disappeared for three hours to put in a two hour workout…took two classes at the local gym. Sweated but didn’t really enjoy. I think tomorrow I’ll investigate the hotel gym which doesn’t seem bad.

In the meantime, my team had a few drinks, had diner and a few more drinks, and were headed to a place called the “Coconut Something”. Now I’m a fair drinker myself, but I wasn’t in the mood for a bar and exotic, smoking drinks…I wonder if my independence will mark me as the loner…I’ll risk it. I don’t want to play loner but at the same time…I’ll respect my priorities.

So these are the last minutes before hitting my king size bed. This is the typical time to miss the hugs of my son, the purr of my cats. This is fine for a week, because I know it’s only for five days. I wonder if those who travel A LOT ever get used to it, ever stop missing the vital parts of them that are the loved ones.
I’d have to ask SYWRD, who’s all over the map in the recent months. The man must get lonely as hell. Or perhaps men don’t. I’m not sure.

‘till tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 AM

    Well I can't speak for other men, but of course I get lonely. Why do you think strip joints were invented?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Errr...to drink and lust?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Yes, but it's really a way to cope with the deep loneliness and reach out to feel part of a species...
    And it's a great place to drink and lust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:53 AM

    Thank you, Phil, for this valuable insight on strip joints. I feel my blog was never complete without it before...

    ReplyDelete