Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Falling Of The Veil

A couple of months ago, I embarked on a quest. I didn't have much hope to begin with. I quested and quested, bravely, stubbornly ( I know, I just created that verb). Once in a while I caught a glimpse of the Grail.

Today, the Grail was revealed to me clearly, and just as clearly, vanished. I am not the one meant to hold it. My question has been answered and thus my quest has come to an end.

It is not, of course, the outcome I was hoping for. Yet I am strangely at peace with it. I no longer have to look out for the Grail, to wonder if it will be mine, if it is meant for me. I no longer have to worry "will I be brave enough, will I be worthy, will I have what it takes?"
I know I will keep getting glimpses of the Grail. Will I come to terms with living a life parallel to it, or will it tear my heart every time to remember that I was not the chosen one?
I don't know.
Tonight, I'm taking off my armor, cleaning my sword, taking care of my horse. My quest has come to en end.
I'll keep everything in good order for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment