Friday, September 29, 2006

The art of Brigitte's maintenance

I will once again have to quote a character previously mentionned: SYWRD.
The directors have to fill out a very official document each year which states what they will work on, and priorities, bla bla bla.
One space goes for: career plans. This is what SYWRD wrote:

My career plans include outliving all the (high hierarchy - censored by Brigitte) who are much much older than I am, thereby facilitating rapid promotion.

Ok, so you guessed it, this won't actually be on the final version sent to the Boss. Still, it delights me.

------

I don't think I ever mentionned that my aunt is Marie Versailles, the painter. My home is filled with her paintings, to the point where I no longer have wall space for new ones. Below is the one she painted for my wedding, so this is Mike and I. It still hangs in my bedroom, even though Mike doesn't. Ha ha.



Below is another of her wedding paintings which I really like.


All in all, that is to say that paintings just soothe my soul. The other day, after the meeting with my boss which y'all heard about, I went down to get some lunch and passed in front of the art gallery that is on the way. The minute my eyes fell on one of the very large painting that hangs in the window, the swelling went out of my brain, everything got back to its proper proportions, and this momentary situation at work didn't matter over the grand scheme of things. Paintings ground me. They're one of the great pleasures of life. If I were rich, I'd spend a fortune on art…I'd run out of wall space again.

Have a fantastic weekend everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:41 PM

    How about a little plugging and a link to the web site, she deserves it... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:29 AM

    It takes a good sense of humor to spot another...the two of you make quite the pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:43 PM

    I don't own a sense of humor and never have. Don't you start rumors about me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:46 PM

    I wish my boss was like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Oh and I DON'T Sarah? A boss with a real sense of humor makes all the difference in the world. Check out my "office nightmare part II" post somewhere way back, you'll understand. Bah...I may tread a thin line sometimes, I know it, I'll bear the brunt if I have to. If and when I really mess up, I'm the first one to admit it.

    ReplyDelete