Tuesday, June 13, 2006

LOST- Long Overdue Stimulating Television

So I work for this huge firm, which kindly provides money in return. I call it “the Company” but any similarity to a well-known sinister organization across the border is just because they stole it from me.

This Young and Well Respected Director works for the Company also. We call him the YWRD, because we’re very fond of acronyms at the Company. We think it looks cool and mysterious. Plus it makes for great lunch debates about what the letters originally stood for.

This particular YWRD has a work blog on which he tries to spread relevent information as well as keep his staff up to date on key current issues.

Here is his May 31, 2006 entry:

----------------------------------------------------------------
LOST

Okay, like the season finale of LOST was today and no one wrote to share their theories with me? Man, you people are missing the best television out there. See you in another life brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------

And THIS! is one of the overwhelming reasons why I like this YWRD. See, laughter and humor have a preponderant place in each and every “health and well-being in the workplace” manual the Company owns. In real life life, however, humor is much frowned upon and most people won’t touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Thus, hence and therefore: Long lives this YWRD!

(Ok, so if I start watching LOST, is that sucking up to the boss?)

* I’d like to point out that I quote from his blog with no proper permission or authorization whatsoever. If you come across this, YWRD, and object to my making you famous, you know where to reach me to voice your objections which will be given absolute and abject consideration.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM

    J'aime tes sujets de blog, j'aime ton humour, j'aime ton courage
    et pas du tout ta force, non non non, bref je me régale à te lire même quand je ne participe pas.
    OK, maintenant, tu peux l'enlever !
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:30 PM

    You make him sound cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:36 PM

    The YWRD? I don't make him "sound" cool, I quote him. If he's funny, the credit goes entirely to him. As for cool, I'm sure his kids will see to it to keep him, like, rocking, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:06 AM

    I've been reading U for a while, I like the way U write about stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:59 PM

    I was Y when I was 25 and in charge of stuff when I didn't deserve to be. That was 17 years ago. You don't really think I can keep claiming to be Y do you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Are ya kidding? by the Company's directors standard, you're a babe in arms, at least in my neck of the Company's wood. Besides, Einstein said everything is relative. And perception is in the eye of the beholder anyway.
    But ok, I can change the acronym to a more precise SSWRD? (Still Young Well Respected Director)...
    Folks, duly take note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:45 PM

    SS= Still Young?
    Oh boy, time for bed Bridge.
    Folks, scratch that, the lady's tired.

    ReplyDelete