Thursday, June 22, 2006

Vacation Day I

I woke up sort of late. It's raining. I'm sorry but Bob Marley and rain? It doesn't float. Bob Marley swims like a rock.
Yannick is in full noisy mode. Mother is in full busily efficient mode (the scariest). I just want to find a cave and get out of the way.

I'm sore all over from working out too hard yesterday under the guidance of J.

So I try to remind myself that I'm not really on vacation yet. I'm in detox. I'm in the decompression chamber that will bring me from the highly pressurized daily atmosphere to the low pressure breeze of vacation. And EVERYBODY knows that when you lower the pressure in a chamber, everything becomes moist and humid, so the rain is fitting after all. I'm expecting to remain in the chamber from 36 to 48 hours.

Breathe in, breathe out. Man, the pressure of having to relax is just stressing me out!



My own flowers from my own garden.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Have you really been in a recompression chamber?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact, I have, Divinguy, several times. I did several practice dives over the years in case I had to accompany someone inside and once got bent myself, whitout lasting effects, thankfully. The largest dive chambers I ever visited are in the Raleigh-Durham hospital in Carolina. They are the leading experts on decompresion sickness and I saw one chamber that was as big as 3 rooms! (whereas, for the non-intiated, dive chambers are usually cylinders smaller than the inside of an ambulance)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sure. Rub it in. I guess we plebs who are no longer on holiday will live vicariously through your "I have no schedule blah blah blah" posts. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:41 AM

    What Jeno? oh you're AT WORK? Dealing with MEETINGS? And POWERPOINTS? oh that must be painful! Excuse-me while I get a refill of coffee and pet my cat...ok you were saying? Rub it in? I will, in every possible way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:56 PM

    What do you mean, man of your life??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:59 PM

    Geez, I get more reactions out of this innocent little post!...
    Phil, you know how Walmart has the "employee of the month" thing.
    I have the "man of my life" thing. It usually changes about every 6 months to a year. The old ones remain, are put on a back shelf, or are recycled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Phil, for those who don't know better you're starting to sound like a jealous lover you know! Let's set the record straight shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Sure. I'm not actually jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:12 AM

    For rain music, I think Marley's "High Tide Or Low Tide" works well. Otherwise try The Cult... ;-)

    Hey, I've been in a recompression chamber too, by 45 feet on a reef, abandonned there. Does it count? It was wet and ears hurt. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, B: here's my remedy to rainy days when Bob Marley just won't do it. He usually does it, like I said, but sometimes, not so much. So I listen to the soundtrack of Buena Vista Social Club. Very yummy. Makes you feel all dancey and sexy. Try it! Oh and by the way, your flowers are LOVELY! :o)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete