Sunday, June 11, 2006

Never on Sunday

And on the sixth day, she rose again.

I know, I know, it's been a while.

The harmony in the home has been shaken. The winds of change are blowing. They bring storms and showers. It’s hurricane season.

I’m reading once more Alexandre Dumas’ 8 or so volumes about the French revolution. It makes for very grim reading. Before I decry the savagery in African countries, I can look at our own past. We were just as bloodthirsty and ugly. As for Dumas’ books, they are impossibly gloom: everybody dies. But then, isn’t that a summary of life anyway?

After much irony and jesting from everybody about my taking up karate, I had my first lesson last week. Tell me this: how can you look around with a detached and satirical eye when you’re busy trying to keep up with the continual esoteric commands shouted in Japanese, with legs shaking like leaves from the strain, trying hard not to pass out from the heat and the fact that your heart wants to break free from your chest a la Alien? Not to mention a slight wardrobe miscalculation that had me showing much cleavage when none was intended?  ‘Nough said. Nothing to jest about right now except my own inadequacy, which could take volumes.
Very nice people in the class.

- Insert a pause here, as Fatso is having a fit of affection and needs to actively remind me how I’m the only human for him. This is not a lawn mower you’re hearing, it’s him purring. Back to the blog, with a lot more hair on the keyboard, but a small token of his undying love. Thanks, Fatso, I love you too. -

What else? Fed up with my own gym, I started taking aerobic classes in another. It makes for a nice change. I rediscovered countless muscles I had NO IDEA were still around.

The seaside vacation is looming. I’m looking forward to it with equal anticipation and dread. Will the storms from home follow us there? Will the sound of the surf be sufficient for a cease-fire?

I haven’t read a news site in a week, I’ve no idea if the earth has stopped spinning yet. I’ve got a lot to catch up with. I’m back.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:09 PM

    And so you're back!! Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About bloody time! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:11 AM

    It had been a little while, yes. Good to have you back! And hey Fatso. :-)

    Winds of change aren't necessarily bad. Matter of fact, most of the time they are good. So hold on to your hat and go with the flow...

    And remember, wax on, wax off. ;-)

    P.S. The Earth is spinning all right, so is the wheel. Carpe diem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Winds of change are mostly beneficial.
    If you survive.
    Hold on, the winds will become soft
    breezes eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:56 PM

    The pink elephants are not gone because of your medication, honey. It's the aliens that chased them away! Ask Tom Cruise, he knows anti-psychotic drugs aren't good for you. Or does he?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Duh. This goes one post up.

    ReplyDelete