Monday, June 12, 2006

A Whale of Improvement

I’m too busy to write long diatribes about anything so I’ll stick to… short ones:

- I’ve been on a medication for the last 3 months (and I have to tell you, ever since, not ONE pink elephant around!). Recently, it felt like my clothes were tighter than they used to be, so I weighed myself… ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The freaking substance slows metabolism, which means that, for the same diet, I’m going have to kick three times as hard in my karate classes to jump start my metabolism back up, and/or lift weights. Great. Just plain great. Anybody wants to gain weight, I’ve got JUST the medication for you. Give me a call. Bloody hell. I might rather have the pink elephants back.

- The whales are on a losing streak. Pro-whaling countries seem to outnumber anti-whaling ones, for the first time in years. This could mean a return to many more dead whales (and dolphins, many cetaceans really) and a slacking of the killing methods regulations. I am against the hunting of the largest intelligent mammals on earth. It comes down to, of course, money. Pro-whalers see dollar signs. I don’t even know where Canada stands on the issue but I’m pessimistic. We’re going backwards, folks, how encouraging is that?


Image: Kyodo/PPP

- Finally…that’s it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:16 PM

    What's the story of 'the pink elephants'? Have I missed one episode??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:21 PM

    We, human beings, are sometimes our worst enemies. We kill, mercilessly, our most precious treasure : nature in all its incredible beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:39 PM

    What Angel? You mean YOU DON'T SEE THEM? lol

    And the child whispers: "I see dead people..."
    And Vinces claims: "I see dumb people..."
    And Brig admits: "I see pink elephants..."

    Don't try and make sense of it, Angel, I've given up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:57 PM

    The pink elephants are not gone because of your medication, honey. It's the aliens that chased them away! Ask Tom Cruise, he knows anti-psychotic drugs aren't good for you. Or does he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:18 AM

    How relevant to be seeing "dumb people" while we are talking about hunting whales, really. :-(

    The dolphins were right to leave, and they never even should have thanked us for all the fish...

    ReplyDelete