Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday!

I’m starting to get what karate is about…it seemed easy…but it takes so much coordination!
Try having your arms do fast simultaneous different and precise movements repeatedly. It’s like playing the piano, with the two sides doing complex different moves…a capacity I had NOT developed so far.
On top of it, all these moves have names and all these names are called out in Japanese. So the sensei goes “sanko maegeri! kuritsu ichiwa!”* and vroom, all the class falls into new positions like a well drilled battalion. But when each and every name is perfect Chinese to me (get it) needless to say I am utterly lost. My brain feels as drained as my body after every class. No matter, it remains fun for now.

The weekend is (nearly) here! Now if I can just escape from having to sit through the atrocious French-Canadian translation of Garfield’s latest movie, it might even be good! (getting out and sharpening my papou-directed negotiating tools) The English title is: A Tail of Two Kitties. Who woulda thunk, as Eminem would say, that Dickens would influence Garfield! I think that’s what Brando was thinking about when he whispered: “The horror! The horror!”

Have a grrrreat weekend everybody!

* not real words

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Thank God, it's Friday!!
    Have a grrrreat week end too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Like you, I HATE Garfield's Quebec version. It makes me want to run as
    far as I can as fast as I can for as long as it takes for Garfield,
    or me, to drop dead.

    ReplyDelete