Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cuando llega la luna

I didn't anticipate it. My brother wrote about it recently and I just agreed with him. Yup, music is powerful. Yup, music causes time travel. He put it on his blog but it doesn't play on my work PC so I was still unmoved.

Then this morning, I played it. It starts with the haunting music from "Les rivières pourpres" and then it plays: the soundtrack from the old movie "Le rapace".

And it carried me back. Back to a sunny white appartment with dark furniture. Back to a time that seems so distant it could have been another life. Back to a time so poignant that I closed my eyes and everything was turned upside down within me. I open my eyes and what I see doesn't seem quite real.

Yes, Vince, we came from the same aquarium.

Those who want to listen, go to Vince's link, on the right and hit "Play" on the music line.

I must not ever listen to this drunk.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 PM

    Well, I still don't know why your work PC doesn't play it, but I'm glad we agree on time travel...

    Of course, nobody else will even blink, I guess you had to be there... ;-)

    Now if any Spanish speakers read this [wink-wink NYA ;-)], I'm still struggling, after all those years, with the translation of the last line, bummer...

    "Cuando llega la luna, y cuando .........?, campesino, hay que esperar, y esperar..."

    I can almost hear "duerme el patrón", but heck, I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:33 AM

    Lo estoy intentando...pero...de momento, I'm right where you are Vince...

    Ça me donne envie de pleurer...C'est normal vous croyez?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:49 AM

    Pues, de verdad, no lo sé...Yo tambien diria algo del patron...pero...????
    Alguna idea Sig?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Moi des idées, j'en ai le moins possible, ça m'empêche de dormir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:00 AM

    Bueno, gracias NYA. No te preocupes, hace casi 15 años que intento traducirlo… Y si la canción se te hace triste, pues chica, lo siento mucho. :-)

    Sig, t'as raisong, peuchère...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuando llega el día y cuando sale el sol. Campesinos hay que trabajar y trabajar.

    Cuando llega la Luna y cuando duerme el patrón. Campesinos hay que esperar y esperar siempre esperar.

    Du film "Le Rapace"

    mauricemr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quand arrive le jour et le soleil se lève. Paysans il faut travailler et travailler.

    Quand arrive la Lune et dort le patron. Paysans il faut attendre et attendre et toujours attendre.

    Hasta luego amigos.

    ReplyDelete