Sunday, August 13, 2006

When your body fails

I have a two week vacation coming up, for which I had planned nothing but to overtrain. Yes. For two wondeful free weeks, I thought I'd take one, two, three classes per day, according to my fancy, with no scheduling difficulties; the ultimate luxury.

There is a slight problem however. I have a feeling I'm already overtraining. Recently, instead of feeling full of energy, I feel wiped out and I don't recover even after one or two days off. I don’t wake up rested. During training instead of "the burn", my muscles way too quickly go: "Forget it dude, it ain't happening." And worst of all, I now almost regularly hit a nasty nausea at about two-thirds of the workout. After a bit of reading, this could be a matter of glycemic level, which I will try to adjust. There remains the sober fact that signs are there that I'm already overdoing it. DAMMIT!

What's with me and my vacation plans this year? I had so looked forward to a week by the sea and it was thwarted. I had so looked forward to two weeks of intense training and it looks like I'm going to have to take it fairly easy instead. Is there someone with a voodoo doll, somewhere, planting pins in Brigitte saying: "Be disappointed in all you anticipate eagerly"?

Blogging: for some unfathomable reason, I am completely incapable of finding an English spell checker on my Mac since it was updated to a newer version. It’s as if there wasn’t one. Considering I blog in English and English is only my second language, can you imagine the slight difficulty? All the more ironic because I’m an absolute stickler for spelling? All I can say is bear with me and feel free to point out mistakes when you catch them. Once in a while, I get on a PC and try correct what I can.

There also seems to be a strike going on from my regular commentators. It’s not going to work guys. NOTHING SHALL PREVENT ME FROM BLOGGING EVEN IN TOTAL CYBERSPACE SILENCE!

The answer is 42  ;)

Love y’all.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    I have just poured hot grits down my pants. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 AM

    You're most welcome, thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 AM

    And have you had this habit long?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:56 PM

    But what is the question? ;-)

    ReplyDelete