Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Fourth Chakra

There are certain people , in your life, that have an unexpected impact on it.
I met with my ex-boss, this morning, a man I like, I trust implicitly, I am very grateful to. He’s one of the few people with whom I don’t have to watch my words to make sure what I say is politically correct in the Company’s context. I can speak my mind plainly, and it is heard and received exactly like that.

He has played a role of mentor for me. This morning, in the mist of what he was saying, he said: “If you were my daughter, that’s what I would recommend you to do right now…”
He has shown such interest and concern about me, he has expressed so much faith, support and appreciation of Brigitte and who she is, and her strengths, and her weaknesses, that with these words, for a split second, I, the fatherless girl, had a glimpse of what it might have been to have a loving father looking out for you, trying to guide you through life, believing in you.
Need I say more? I can’t.

I am not convinced the path he suggests is the right one for me, but I am ready to go and find out. I am ready for a change. I am ready for new horizons, new learning and new challenges. I am ready to take chances.

God bless you G. for your input in my life, for acting towards me as you would have a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment