Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Rules of Engagement

Well, following the musings of Jeno on his Rules of Engagement for Social Interaction, I thought very hard and came up with my own 3 Do's and 2 Don't:

1. DO talk to me. I'm so fed up of hearing that I'm "intimidating" that if you don't appear intimidated, I'll be charmed.

2. Have the courtesy of sparing my time and respecting my intelligence by being direct. Life is too short to beat around the bush. I will gladly reciprocate.

3. Touch me. I was a cat in a past life and I love physical contact.

And the two Cardinal Sins:

4. Don't bore me. I know people are what they are and they can't help it. It's ok if you're boring. You're still a good person. But I just don’t wish to be around you. (What is boring? Narrow-minded or even better, narrow-minded AND judgmental.)

5. Finally DON'T. EVER. humiliate another human being in front of me.

Here! That took quite a bit of reflection but it was fun. As Jeno pointed out, wouldn't it be great if we all came with an instruction manual?

4 comments:

  1. Bravo. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we all came with an instruction manual, we wouldn't get the pleasure (or displeasure, at times) to get to know someone. They would just hand over their instruction manual at the first meeting, we'd hand over ours, and agree to meet later, when the mandatory manual-reading would have taken place. Hehehe...or am I taking this too far? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:11 PM

    You're right Miss Miou, there is something to be said for the pleasure of discovery.
    The truth is, ever since I wrote that post, it's been bugging me. Let's say it was a rethorical exercise. In fact, I don't like rules, I certainly don't like to play by them, so defining myself with rules is a nonsense. I don't have rules, i don't want them, roll the above in a ball and throw it to the cat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo thanks you for the rhetorical ball ;o)

    ReplyDelete