Friday, August 04, 2006

Hard Day Off

Gosh what a day!
Let's see, I've lived...on the French Riviera, in the Bahamas, in Mississippi and in Quebec. In other words, except for Quebec, places where it's always sunny and warm (and often bloody hot).
People always commiserate with me for ending up in Quebec. But the truth is, I LOVE having four seasons, even if spring here lasts about forty-eight hours. If it weren't for the winters we get, would I enjoy the blue sky, warm sun and cool pool like I do today? Nope.
Apart from the fact that I love sweaters (I must have Swedish blood), the very fact that I wear them half a year allows me to go out and love the current warmth. If I were stuck with it all year, I'd be longing for rain and grey skies.
So today is simply gorgeous and I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

The Papou picked a pair of spectacles. The minute he tried them on, he knew those were the ones he wanted. (My son knows his own mind; I wonder who on earth he got that from...) They were not my first choice but he likes them, so that might reconcile him with the idea a bit. I'll try to post a picture soon so that friends and family can admire the new look...

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment