Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Vital News

Astronomers meeting in Prague have presented a resolution allowing Pluto to keep its planet status.

Boy, must Pluto be relieved!!! It's been worried for years that it would be demoted. There's a big Champagne party going on there right now.

This reminds me of a Company commitee which held an emergency session to address its own name. Thanks to the meeting, they changed "integration" to "interrelation" in the title. I bet a whole bunch of Company people slept better that night!

Boy George entered his second day of community service.

I had to read that three times to try and find the nugget of information or public interest that was hidden in this announcement. But no, there's really nothing more to it than what it says. It's positively riveting news. Middle East? Where is that?

Talking 'bout the Middle East, Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has started a blog. A Head of State writing a blog... Ok. This time I won't give you the link because this man scares the living daylights out of me. A lunatic, fanatic, Head of State is a dangerous combination. I'll give him credit: Mein Kamph emphasizes the usefulness of propaganda; a blog is a very modern mean for it.

Here's an interesting article on the future of quantum computers. Skip the somewhat silly beginning and then get lost in the technical explanations below. Don't get me wrong, it's way over my head. If had become the physicist I should have been, I might have understood better. However, what little I grasp about quantum physics makes me a staunch believer in the future of quantum computers. If I were an investor, that's where I'd put my money.

Finally Time online gives us a list of the 25 web sites we can't live without. I mean, are there really people who don't know Ebay, Amazon, IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes yet? At least they know Boy George is doing community service.

Good people, my vacation starts today at 16h15. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment