Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Survivor: hail to the fallen hero

I’ve finally discovered the raison d’ĂȘtre of my blog. I can freely express MY views about the Survivor finale!

(If you don’t watch Survivor, now’s the time to surf.)

Let’s see. Terry was the man. You know how admiration is one of my favourite emotions to feel. Terry delivered. When no one would form an alliance with him, his only option was to win. And win he did, time after time. He was smart, resourceful, determined and strong. In the final reward challenge, his comeback over Aras was spectacular. He was cheated in that challenge in the sense that it was a meaningful challenge but a meagre reward: a meal and a bed? It could have meant a lot if the final immunity challenge had not been the lousiest in Survivor history ever.

Balance is something one possesses or not, to different degrees. There is no willpower or determination involved in balance. To make the final challenge about balance is like throwing a dice, is like saying whoever is lucky enough to have balance wins. It has nothing to do with inner strength; it doesn’t reward the one who wants it most. I’m still fuming at that choice of challenge. Terry got ROBBED there.

So Miss Danielle won. Another spoiled princess just not AS openly a brat as the infamous Jenna Morasca, the one who almost made me stop watching Survivor.

I’m glad Aras won over her. Aras is a good kid. It takes a man to apologize without hesitation like he did to Terry. I like that. Aras is still caught between his good and bad impulses, as he matures, hopefully, he’ll master them better.

Still, as always, the one who truly deserved it was robbed, and by an insignificant little chit. If I were Terry, I’d be deeply frustrated, and he probably was. Strange game that is, where the best doesn’t win.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:44 PM

    It's great, ever since I've warmly encouraged comments I no longer get any. I think I'm going to provide my own. Watch me now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:00 PM

    Can you get in touch with Terry, via internet, and tell him "your" frustration ? Could help his...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:06 AM

    Arghhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete