Thursday, May 11, 2006

My tea's gone cold...

I wrote to an old friend to wish him happy birthday and I apologized for being somewhat elusive in my socialization. "You don't take up very much room", he answered, "but I'd rather have you just as you are than all the tea in China".

Just like some things can catch you unprepared and feel like a baseball bat, some things can catch you unprepared and wrap your heart in velvet. What a LOVELY thing to say, made all the more lovely by the fact that I know he truly means it. It was positively heart-fluffing.
Pure, genuine, agenda-free niceness is too rare in our lives and it's something I try to put in practice regularly. Alas, it is a reflection of our society that people have a hard time receiving it without looking for a hidden meaning or agenda, even if a positive one.

Sweet is deteriorating. I try to monitor him closely to determine the moment where it will be a kindness, as a caretaker, to end his life. I've had a tough week. Should I end it by burrying my little friend, it will be the last straw. To those cold-hearted people who WILL say: "It"s just a cat", well, that has nothing to do with anything. He is my small friend, we have a strong bond and he is dying. Period.

Tonight, I will watch Survivor (finale this Sunday!), and tomorrow, a day off, a day for which rain is forecasted, I will watch the "morning rain cloud up my window" and I shall not get up. I will sleep, and sleep, and sleep. I will lose myself in sleep, and undoubtedly my cats, who are ALWAYS ready to join me in that particular activity, will sleep right along with me.

To all the people I love or like, Peace.
Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Real profound,hopeful peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete