Wednesday, May 24, 2006

How to complicate your life in one easy lesson

I am once again thinking about adoption. I think Im nuts. Anybody else tells me Im nuts is a dead man or woman. You may think it, just dont voice it.

I mean why not adopt? Im a single woman with a lousy salary, one child already and an aging mother. My only sibling lives far away. I can barely make ends meet as it is, and Im about to turnahemolder. Life is clearly too easy and simple! (NOT!)

Dont get me wrong. Im terrified. Adoption is walking in with your eyes wide open even more than getting pregnant, since in my case it wasnt planned and I had mercifully no clue of what I was getting into. Now I have QUITE a clue and I can no longer claim ignorance. To want to duplicate this is where my insanity clearly lies.

My mother, myself, everybody is getting older, including my son who would be nine or more when hed finally get a sibling.

What a momentous decision. Ive been sort of looking at it for a while now, it seems to be slowly ripening. Im playing with it like a cat with a mouse. Within a year or two, I hope to make a final call on it.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Bondai says : you're nuts. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:03 PM

    You're nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:04 PM

    You're nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:07 PM

    Phil...you're SO reliable I should marry you after all.
    There seems to be a disturbing unanimity though...

    ReplyDelete