Friday, May 05, 2006

Miscellaneous updates

JUST when the running was going steady, I WOULD wake up with a knot between my shoulders that only allows me to move like C3PO. Damn! (Am I allowed to say damn in a blog?) Very painful!

My boss is back, putting an end to a week of unmitigated boredom. Actually, somewhat mitigated, thanks to my carefully selected network of colleagues turned true friends.

A week off is looming at the end of June. The little family will spend a week in Rockport, Massachusetts. Think quaint, scenic, wonderful small New England town, with white houses, small beaches and of course, THE OCEAN. It's a place we return to again and again. It's "our" place. I will get my fill of long, leisurely summer days, beauty everywhere you look, endless pebble beaches to scan for our collection, the song of the ocean, the cold water on my skin, salt in my hair and the wind in my face...
….And a half-naked little savage running around, covered in an interesting mixture of sunscreen and sand…
(before it sounds TOO idyllic)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Hey! As you kindly invited me to come and have a look around your blog, I did! And I actually discovered that we can find plenty of useful things such as recipes, pictures, quotes...and a full story about snail hunting!!Unfortunately, I'm not much of a hunter and i don't like snails...but, fair enough!
    Well, are you still okay to 'adopt' me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:42 PM

    Why, I'm no hunter at all and I hate snails...we could be sisters! Consider yourself adopted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:50 PM

    One day I'll have to compare Rockport Mass with Rockport Maine.
    And the winner is...

    ReplyDelete