Monday, April 30, 2007

Start Making Sense

I wondered what impact my new job would have on my blog. So far, it's pretty drastic. It basically shut me up! Perhaps this signals a slowing down of my blog for a while. One thing I will not let it become is an obligation, a "have-to-do". I blog for my own personal enjoyment, because I always loved writing. But the minute it no longer fulfills something in me, it will be out the Windows (get it?).

I've been stressed, I've been busy, I've been sick. Let's hope and pretend I'm better now.

Some emails I've sent have remained unanswered. It's interesting to see how angry that makes me. What a waste of energy, the anger I mean. Shrug it off, Bridge, shrug it off.

Mr H stopped by to check out the renovations needed in my house. Mr H is a seventy year-old sweetheart, father of a friend, handyman extraordinaire. I don't think there's anything he couldn't tackle in a house. In spite of his age, he's sharp and very energetic, with a full head of hair, twinkling blue eyes behind his glasses, and an infectious grin. To my delight, he quickly abandoned the French formal "vous", to address me with the friendly "tu". I could see that some of the work simply didn't interest him at all while other projects got his creative juices flowing. He's at a time of life when you do things you enjoy and no longer bother with things you don't. I strongly approve. So he had a good look, and told me he'd be in touch and all of a sudden, I feel like I now have an ally to face my renovations. Then again, I've always had a weakness for fatherly fathers.

I'm getting quotes for changing the windows and once I have an idea of the complete, petrifying total, I'll tackle the Bank. I'm practicing in the garden with my reluctant son. I stand him in front of me, than I scream HOHAAH and rush towards him at full speed. He lets out terrified giggles and crumbles to the ground, in total anticipation, before I even lay one finger on him. I'm hoping it will work on my bank manager as well.

I've been eating horribly and I intend to start paying attention again this week. Training has been sporadic, impaired by sickness. Now that I'm feeling better, back to a healthy way of living: healthy food, grinding training and unlimited sex. Oops!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:13 PM

    "Out the Windows"? Coming from a proud Mac owner? Pfff! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think of a joke: What do you call the condescendant attitude of Mac owners towards PC owners?
    Answer: Mac-hism
    Wait, I'm bashing my own side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People who have Macs make it like a religion! haha------My girlfriend has a Mac, and once I went on hers to create my videos and other media, I was fascinated by it! Love it! But I also love my unfriendly - using PC. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your son at least has protective gear, such as pillows duct-taped all over him. Poor thing. :o)

    Wow, I have to go deal with the bank too...for windows. But not for mine. Mine are new. For all the other co-owners of this wonderful condo community. Crap. Co-ownership does have its down sides...

    ReplyDelete