Friday, April 06, 2007

Draining

I never hesitate to apply on jobs, probably my adventurous side, and afterwards I'm always reminded of how grueling it actually is: the preparation, the cramming of info, the stress, the interview...
I had such an interview yesterday. From the body language of the interviewers, of which I'm an extremely alert observer, I don't think I'll get it. I was probably good but not dazzling. Since there were many applicants for a sole position, I don't think my performance will be the BEST of the bunch.

In spite of yourself, it's always slightly depressing, that process of trying to give your very best...and your very best often being judged "not good enough" or "good but there's better".

I have a competitive nature and it will not stop me from applying again but it IS depressing. Amen.

Nothing an intense hour of spinning couldn't cure. For the first time, I was actually able to wring water out of the front of my shirt at the end... Even though my heart disagrees, I still find the sprints much harder to sustain than hills.

Easter weekend. Temperature sucks but I'd like to get in a little blitz of overtraining.

Below, a picture of the infamous quartet called the Easter Gang. While the little ones created a diversion, the tall one robbed innocent victims. That picture put them behind bars for good. Crime doesn't pay.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Easter Gang has a branch in Quebec City...my $20 bills keep disappearing from my wallet!

    ReplyDelete