Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunny Cloudless Sky

The gorgeous weekend was a godsend. My pressure and stress went way down, I did zero exercise, I got some vitamin D, and I slept.

We fitted Loukhi with a small harness and tied her to a long leash so she can come out in the garden with us. Without the harness, she'd be over the fence at the first sighting of a squirrel. Grumpy doesn't have claws so she can't climb, and Fatso is too fat and knows it, so they're free to roam within the fence. Loukhi seems to think that with the harness, the only acceptable way to move is belly-to-the-ground, which is a very funny way to walk. That's fine; let her think she's handicapped, it will help keep her within our limits. Once in a while, a squirrel just laughs at her and she forgets everything and springs after it at full speed. You can picture what happens at the end of the leash. Poor thing!

I looked around my house and realized it is becoming desperately in need of maintenance, renovation, and tender loving care. I need to change all the windows, to do some work on the kitchen and the bathrooms. This means money. Lots of it. Well, it just happens that I have an extra 63.50$ sitting in my bank account that I didn't know what to do with. I wonder if it will be enough. Sigh.

Work was 100% improvement over last week. I might get used to it after all. Isn't that wonderful news? I wore SANDALS today. Man oh man, nice weather incoming. It does wonders for the spirit.

I took a five days hiatus from training, to shock my system out of its complacent mode. We'll see if it works.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of you, B-Girl, hoping things are going well in your new job...I know I don't comment/post as often as I used to...that's because my computer is dead. Crap.
    Des tonnes de good vibes de Québec.
    Bises.

    C.

    ReplyDelete