Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Feeling Like Garfield On a Monday

Raaaahhhhh…I vaguely remember, in a prior life, words sounding like "training" and "blitz". I achieved a blitz all right. I've eaten enough in four days to sustain me without eating again for about two weeks. I had NO idea I could eat that much. I feel five months pregnant, my head hurts, my throat is dry. I'm hung over in every possible way…clearly, a wonderful Easter weekend.

As for the training part… a puny 2.5 hours over four days. I probably broke my own laziness record. The weather was so miserably cold and humid, running outside was out of the question.
Saturday, my Structor had his Polar on but not the strap, whereas I had both, so he would come and stand beside me to check MY heart rate on HIS watch. Not much cheating possible there! With anybody else, I'd probably actually mind: "Hey, my heartbeat is private!" How to be intimate without even touching.

So, this week I'm going to concentrate on losing the thirty-six pounds I put on this weekend. This reminds me, à propos of nothing, that the exposition «Body Worlds» is coming to Montreal. It is not for the faint hearted. I don't like the ghoulish side of it but I am so interested by physiology that I might go. It must be both truly fascinating yet depressingly macabre.

No comments:

Post a Comment