Sunday, April 15, 2007

Friday a Thirteen

Friday the thirteen was my last day in my old office. I packed the last of my personal belongings, removing every touch that made the space mine. My boss very kindly took me out to lunch. I sent a bunch of email goodbyes, apologizing for not going to each cubicule one after the other. I'm not good with goodbyes, as I've mentionned before.
After lunch, my boss presented me with a certificate of recognition for five years spent with the Company. I'm such a babe in the woods. Then, she generously dismissed me, granting me the afternoon off to my surprise and delight.

I went to D's. We chatted in front of a delicious maple whisky he made me discover. We talked of the meaning of life, we talked of the values and beliefs that sustain us, we talked of cheating and forgiveness. My best friends are the ones I have the BEST conversations with. Then we walked over to pick his daughter from school. She's a sweet six years old with a smile to die for. Eventually I had to go, yet I felt we had only begin to tackle the subjects we were on. It was a lovely afternoon.

Monday, I start something new. In fact, I start with training. Not my usual physical stuff...Training as in learning. How much, for how long, I've no idea. I go in open. I can never get enough of learning anyway. What will be will be. A page has been turned.

Now, in spite of the cold, humid, grey and disgusting weather, I really need to kick myself in the butt and go lift some iron.

I don't know what impact my new circumstances will have on my blog. That, like my future schedule, tasks, physical environment, colleagues, remains to be discovered.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to comment on how well you write. That's nice that your boss took you out to lunch--it's rare to see that these days. We're taken for granted sometimes and not appreciated for what we're really worth. I'm glad you were appreciated as it seems.

    Maple whiskey? Is it any good? Sounds good- even though I'm a vodka girl!

    Enjoy the weekend if you can- regardless of this dreary weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb!
    Maple Whiskey is a Canadian product, I believe the brand name is Sortilège. I don't care much for whiskey but this doesn't taste like whiskey, it tastes like alcoolic maple syrup. Sweet, almost as much as Amaretto. Perfect on ice. Don't know if you can find it in the States...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds SOOOO good! I gotta see if I can get some of that here.

    ReplyDelete