Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Need New Challenge, Will Babysit

So Jeno is a training machine. That's fine. He's also certifiable (he brags about it... but then he's such a show-off).
I really don't feel the need or the urge to compete with him, either in training or in insanity. There are, after all, limits to my potential, limits which I humbly acknowledge.
However, I do thrive on challenges. And even though things like marathons or, god forbids, triathlons are not the type of challenges that stimulate me, I do need to find some new challenge, some measurable goal to add to my training. It needs to be meaningful, challenging and verifiable. I'm just not sure what it could be…

- complete split on both sides?
- 25 full push-ups?
- run up the Pain de Sucre non-stop?
- lift and hold Fatso for more than 18 seconds?
- 1 length of my 10m pool underwater?

I don't know…I'm undecided. I'm perplexed. I'm hesitant. I'm unsure. I'm pondering. I'm looking for inspiration.

Talking about inspiration, at work, mothers come in with wayyyyyy too many babies. I become quite useless, totally enthralled in the little ones, ignoring their boring parents, literally dying to kidnap and run away with each little bundle. I. LOVE. BABIES. I'm sure my co-workers will adapt.

1 comment:

  1. Ah. Babies.
    They rock.
    I saw my wonderful niece (8 months old today) this weekend, and could not stop staring. I secretly held the thought in my mind for one second: "Would my sister mind if I took her for...just a month?"
    Then I realized I would never do that to a mom.
    Des plans pour se faire trucider.

    Bisous, ma belle!

    Caro xoxo

    ReplyDelete