Monday, July 03, 2006

Summer Days

Thus it was that today was my last day of Freedom Week. It was made of bright sunshine, of clear if cool water, and of nothing short of a three-hour workout.

Tomorrow, I'm back in the office and the notion is kinda hard to grasp. I haven't thought about work once in ten days and so it feels like I've been away for a month. I think it might come back to me once I'm there, but for the moment, it's very distant. Maybe I forgot how to take the train. Maybe I forgot the address. I most definitely forgot 90% of my passwords.

I wanted to go see a movie but "Pirates of the Carribean" has not opened yet and I'm saving myself for it. I hear "Superman" is worth seeing and I like Kevin Spacey but it remains..."Superman". It's the kind of movie I would go see with my brother. But my brother moved to Vancouver JUST so he couldn't go to the movies with his little sister. That's how he is, you know.

I can be intensely social or intensely anti-social. This week was an intensely anti-social one and I didn’t call or write to a single friend. Although I love them to death, I’ll never tell them enough, I was quite happy in my own little world. Social life, like work albeit more pleasant, resumes tomorrow.

And since bare feet, a wet bathing suit and a wet T-shirt are probably not deemed an appropriate attire for this workplace (then again it depends who you’d ask) I’ll leave you to go iron a few things.

Hasta luego ninos...

1 comment:

  1. Happy landings. That's the trouble with holidays - they always come to an end!!

    ReplyDelete