Monday, July 17, 2006

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night

I have a girlfriend who is so beautiful I can do nothing but stare when we get together. The men stare too. She’s from Lebanon. Her father and sister are over there right now. On this first day of the construction holidays, she’s pretty distraught by the small matter of bombs, evacuation, civilian targets and mute embassy.

I have a friend who was planning to take his little family and join his extended family by the ocean in the States, for his two- week vacation. One week ago, their vehicle was broken into, considerable stuff stolen. They had to cancel the vacation. They were scheduled to leave Saturday night. Had the thief known that his action would result in the loss of a much anticipated vacation for a whole family, would he have cared?

As for me…I keep struggling with understanding my fellow beings, even though, alleluia, I have been given the chance to solve the mystery of Zidane's aggression. One thing is for sure: where there is no communication, no understanding is possible. If you don't talk to me, I cannot know. I can wonder from dusk till dawn but I cannot know.

Which is basically why my cats and I are always on the same wavelength. We communicate totally and absolutely.
Me: "I adore you."
The cat: "I know. A bit to the left."
You just can't go wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment