Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Midnight summer breeze

Sometimes you feel friendly towards someone and think it’s mutual and then you discover that it’s not. It always hurts a little place inside but it’s part of life so you must move on.

That perhaps gave a tone to the day, which is: not very cheerful. I miss Bondi in great waves when I see his brother rolling around in the grass inches from where he lies cold, so close yet so distant from us.

I miss my brother’s company.

So as I often do when sad, let me count some blessings.

This morning was sunny and cool, a temperature I love, that makes me feel alive in every inch of my body. I felt just like a horse when you ride it in a cold and crisp winter morning, when its breath comes out in puffs and it’s just itching to break into a brisk, happy trot. I am healthy and so impossibly lucky for being so. Same for Papou.

Good karate class yesterday, my fitness is greatly improving. The sensei takes great pains to correct my positions with heart-warming patience.

Upon getting a crazy t-shirt for his birthday, my friend J left me a phone message so full of laughter that I kept it ‘cause it makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    "Sometimes you feel friendly towards someone and think it’s mutual..."
    I know just what you mean! Don't worry B, their loss!

    ReplyDelete