Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Toy

Yesterday was Election Day in Quebec. Good, now that I've covered that, on to more interesting news.

I've a new toy, courtesy of Big Brother. I am well in touch with my masculine side so I like beautiful women and toys, albeit not AS MUCH as men do.

My new toy is a heart rate monitor. I went running thirty minutes last night just to play with it a little. I discovered how difficult it is to raise my heart rate above 90%, even running fast against an extremely strong, icy wind. I also discovered that my rest HR is 44! I thought I was around 60! I must be doing something right.

Now I have to familiarize myself with its use during workouts, and the various HR zones. Jenö wanted me to use the triathletes’ zones, going from 1 to 5 and using the Lactate Tolerance HR but luckily for me, these zones are not part of my monitor's program. I will therefore stick with percentages of my theoretical max HR… I promise I will try very hard not to start to sound like him:
Ran 5 km in 23 at Z4a on the TM but I was really pushing my BMW at MHR, Z2 felt good. HUH?????????

You get the drift. So tonight is first two serious hours using it, including spinning… cool…I should have fun for a while...

1 comment: