Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Friday

It's been a busy week. Doing what, I'm not sure, but it felt busy. Packing at the office. Working out. I'm not happy with my workout. I've been averaging 7-9 hours a week, but I believe my body has settled with that amount and is no longer improving. To kick-start it again I have a feeling I'm going to have to increase the hours again. Increasing intensity is not really an option because in classes I don't have much leeway and in spinning I'm already at my max intensity.
I suppose I could go into maintenance mode but why settle for maintenance mode now? Onwards and upwards!

I passed an English exam with a score of 54 out of 55. That was most extremely satisfying. Doesn't mean me write good but at least me felt good.

Now that I've qualified as Pool Person, and therefore will probably receive an assignment soon, I've never had so many possibilities for other assignments. When it rains, it pours, and I have to make a choice between all these options, a fairly blind choice. Man oh man.

On the home front, the pocket-sized cat has already tripled her size since she's arrived. She's now fully in her teenage years. I'm expecting her to start going out late at night, listening to loud music and rebelling against me very soon. She still can't stand to be picked up. I swear next time I'm getting a rag doll cat.

As for Fatso… for all of his size and macho attitude, he's such a baby. Imagine that (I've seen him do it): He goes to my trunk in my bedroom, gets up on two paws, gets a mouthful of one of my sweatshirts and pulls. The sweater seldom goes down by itself. Once the sweater is on the floor, Fatso takes a good mouthful and starts kneading it, purring loudly. He's in Fatso heaven. Go figure. Which is why, about three times a day, I find my neatly folded (or carelessly thrown) sweaters on the floor, threaded upon, sucked upon, and looking for all things like something the cat brought in. On est pas aidé!

On the weekend menu: workout (eh), friends, drinks, sleep. That’s a start!
Later folks!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! My weekend menu looks just like your weekend menu! ...Minus the workout. Have a good one. Bises,

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 AM

    How about a run back and forth to the Pain de Sucre from home every other day, with a weighted pack? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tu peux bien rire, Tartuffe...

    ReplyDelete