Friday, January 19, 2007

Women and Men

I will be in Toronto Monday through Wednesday. Checking out the hotel (Delta) I was very surprised to see I was allowed to bring my pet! How cool is that?
Will I bring my pet? Well no, but I'm telling you, we're getting closer to hotels loaning or renting out pets to traveling owners who are missing theirs. Mark my words. Then it's just a short hop to pets being allowed in the workplace and then BINGO! Happiness and Productivity. There will be special pet-free floors for the handicapped, a.k.a. people who dislike animals or are allergic. And we'll all live happily ever after.

I started a lunchtime conversation/debate yesterday on the classic question of whether a man and a woman can be friends without an attraction at least on one side, which quickly veered to whether a man will have any close female friends that he's not somewhat attracted to, and veered again to the different expectations men and women have of s.e.x. (I put dots otherwise my bro is once again going to tell me that I'm gonna get all the perverts who do a search on that word.)

We were three girls, two straight guys and two homosexual guys. Five of those own fine brains. What a fascinating conversation! It was lively, funny, revealing and full of insights. I had a blast. Oh, the social fabric of our lives…eternal wonder.

If you ask why I exercise so much, I found the answer recently:

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier...

...

I'll end with a quote from my favorite target:

"Free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat."
—President George W. Bush

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:30 AM

    Well, I am happy (or sad) to report that such hotels already exist. Locally, we have the Fairmont Waterfront (very classy) which owns a couple of dogs, hosted in a little doghouse by the main entrance. They are the hotel mascots, and I've been told that if you are staying there and missing your own dogs, they'll let you go walk theirs...

    (PS I hope my info is still correct, that was last year; but I do remember the face of a few people, quite unsure of how to react when a large size dog greeted them very happily as they got out of the cab on the curb. And we're talking about a five star hotel. I guess they decided that more clients like dogs then the other way around...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Beware of the whim of a hat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, when I go visit, book me at the Fairmount Waterfront please :)

    ReplyDelete