Thursday, January 18, 2007

On Bacteria and Money

Gosh, it's so hard getting up this week! This morning, my clock must have ringed for about thirty seconds before I finally emerged from my vivid dream (which I won't tell you about because you don't care).

I did the 3-classes-in-a-row thing yesterday, but perhaps because it's the beginning of a new session, the classes were so easy I actually had to put my sweater back on, I was getting cold. Cardio didn't budge much but I console myself by thinking I must have been right into the so-called fat burning zone at moderate intensity. I sure can use a few hours of fat burning zone!

I'm still trying to find a solution to my sport-bras problem. These wonderful synthetic materials are great, they support well, and they won't hold the sweat against you like cotton does. Therefore, companies think they are justified in selling them between 40 and 60 dollars each! I think that's ridiculously expensive. I work out at least four times a week, I need at least four of those and I don't have time to do washing during the week. Do the math. Still, I could manage all that. But THEN, sweat has bacteria, and the bras start developing a bad smell after a while of intensive use. No matter how much you wash them after that point, they smell bad again after ten minutes of wearing them. So I am faced with just throwing away my 50$ sport-bras after only about six months of use. How ridiculous and expensive is that?

I've tried the Febreeze antibacterial spray on them. Doesn't work. I looked for the "Win" detergent supposed to solve that problem. They don't sell it in Canada.
Faced with throwing away three of them, this weekend I'm trying my last resort: bleach soaking. I'm desperate. If anybody out there has faced and conquered that problem, PLEASE share!

I think it's poposterous that I should pay four hundred dollars a year in sport-bras just because I don't have a Y in my genes. That's just discrimination! They should GIVE away sport-bras since women need them through no fault of their own... or at least keep them at a ridiculously affordable price, which should also apply to sanitary products and men's shaving stuff. Dream on Brig.

Then, you add up a new pair of good shoes every six months, which, of course, I'm due for… perhaps I should take up knitting and save a ton of money…

These were my greedy, mercantile considerations of the week. Thank you for watching.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:48 AM

    My sport-bra always smells fresh and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:30 PM

    Indeed, yours would Philip, yours would...

    ReplyDelete
  3. True fact: taking up knitting will NOT enable you to save money. In fact, puching this to the extreme, it will cost you more than sports bras do. Even if you knit your own sports bras. Trust me on this one.

    Bises,

    Miss C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:31 AM

    WIN Detergent works great and they will ship to Canada if you order through www.trisports.com ....no more smelly sports bras!

    ReplyDelete