Friday, January 05, 2007

TGIF

And so ends my first week back, back to work, back to the gym. It's busy at work, which is the best way to be. It's sore at the gym and my body is in a kind of shock. I hear it: "Man, you crazy? What was THAT? You trying to kill me?... And WHY is the rum gone?"
I’ve never quite understood why my body speaks to me with a Bahamian accent.

Miss Loukhi feels right at home. She throws herself fearlessly on Fatso for flash attacks and they wrestle and love it, the flea and the elephant. Fatso needed that, since Grumpy refuses to play. All Grumpy does is hiss, spit and run when faced with friendly overtures like claws deep in her flesh.
Last night I came home and Fatso and Loukhi were sleeping together. They lifted their heads, smiling and blinking their eyes sleepily, with an "Hey, what's up?" look. I started petting both at once and was rewarded by a double purr. The three of us stood there perfectly happy for a few precious minutes.

I read year reviews and New Year resolutions on various blogs. I'm afraid I failed to do either.
Let's see. I start this new year determined. Determined to be alive, to miss no occasion. Determined to take chances, to be genuine, and to laugh and smile every time I can. I enjoy humor but I had not realized how precious laughter is until my co-worker died. This week, I had several chances to laugh and I thought of her, who laughed a lot, and suddenly, laughter was …important.

I think of her at night, and I wonder: "Where are you now, D. where are you now?" I know no other human being has ever wondered that before. I'm deeply original.

I haven't been to the movies in ages but I will go and see "The Painted Veil" within the month. There's my resolution. Oh and brother? "Bon Cop Bad Cop" was grossly overrated. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Oh yeah? What about Little Miss Sunshine? :-)

    ReplyDelete