Friday, April 28, 2006

What's in a Dream?

"I have a dream..." said Martin Luther King.

"I had a dream..." said Brigitte.

I dream a lot. A lot. My dreams are vivid experiences, so vivid that I very much consider my dream world as another dimension, different but as valid and true as "reality". Parrallel worlds, if you will.

This morning I dreamed about a friend of mine. I'm very fond of him already, but my dream endeared him to me even more. It makes no sense, you will say, he did not really say and do those things. My brain knows that but my emotions think otherwise. So without having to lift a finger, this particular friend's stock has had a sharp increase in my Wall Street. What does he think of it? "You are deeply disturbed" he says. Eh.

While I'm on the subject of friends, I want to say that I don't tell my friends nearly often enough how much I like them and how important they are to me. Even when I don't call them, for weeks at a time, I treasure them always. You know who you are. Thanks for being in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment