Monday, April 10, 2006

This week's rental reviews

SATURDAY

Running: 40 minutes, at snail’s pace

Movies: Brokeback Mountain

So sad! I didn’t expect it, though I probably should have.

I was totally unimpressed by Ledger’s impersonation of a roughneck and his unbearable mumbling (I had to add the subtitles to follow!) I very much liked the interpretation of Gyllenhaal though. Other than that, gorgeous photography; bittersweet; something very American Literature about it. 8/10

SUNDAY

Running: 30 minutes, actually PASSED a snail (it was dead and flattened: roadkill)

Movies: The Chronicles of Narnia

Narnia, Narnia, Narnia…I grew up with it. How could the movie be anything but disappointing? It was. It never really takes off. Somewhat entertaining but far from truly magical, and magic is what Narnia is all about. Lucy is a charming little actress though. 7/10

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:39 AM

    Bummer, I've got the Chronicles coming my way already. Oh well, I didn't really grow up in Narnia so maye I'll like the movie better...

    ReplyDelete