Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back on the stage

The only positive thing to come out of the last five days is the addition of two rosebushes, one small lilac tree and three other bushes to my garden. I planted them, tucked them in, watered them abundantly and scrutinized them. It was all I could do to not bring them a blanket, a glass of milk and a teddy bear at night. I hope they like my garden and settle in.

I watched many episodes of “Spooks”, a British series not unlike “24” without the real time factor. MI-5 is often ruthless in it and makes no apologies for it. I am convinced the Americans do the same but would never own up to it so candidly.  They would try to hide behind a twisted front of moral high ground. It’s one of the differences between Europe and North America.

The main result is that my internal voice, which speaks English about half the time, now has a British accent.

Wisdom of the day:

What the f… is the point anyway?


Note: Before I sound anti-American and half my friends disown me, I just want to plead for the right to criticize policies and national behaviour when I think it is deserved. I can promise to be impartial in my judgements in the sense that I am not prejudiced towards any one country. I just call it as I see it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:43 PM

    now now, five bushes, you said. Two
    rosebushes, one lilac, that leaves two out. I dare you : name them !

    ReplyDelete