Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thank You

I have been transferred to an office that is a 17 minutes drive from my home. Straight highway, no traffic. I get in my car around 7 am, totally on cruise control, meaning still sound asleep. I somehow wake up 17 minutes later and stop at the local Tim Horton for coffee, breakfast and newspaper. The air is crisp, the sky endless.
I leave the office at 4h15 pm. I use the 17 minutes drive to leave the clientele behind, unwind and shift my mind gear back into…leisurely summertime.
4h32 pm: I open my front door. The long evening is all mine. I have time to see my son, to eat supper before working out, to dip in the pool and pet the cats. I feel like a millionaire.
Hats off to the few members of management who finally heeded my plea and chose my happiness and quality of life over sacred operational needs. That's smart management because as a happy and grateful employee, I'll probably be a hell of a lot more productive.
What a beautiful gift for the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 AM

    That's great. I'm really happy for you.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Big round of applause for the management!

    Glad to see you are happy and taking time to appreciate the important things :o)

    Grosses bises, ma belle.

    - Ta Miss C. xoxo

    ReplyDelete